Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Random - essay questions

Is it just me, or are "essay questions" a student's worst nightmare come to life?

I have two tests tomorrow. Both of which are going to be long, hard, and have at least 4 or 5 essay questions ON TOP OF 50-some-odd multiple choice. I have fifty minutes for each test. Joy.
I am not a verbal learner; logical, but not verbal. Basically, verbal learners can articulate well and find it easy to express themselves in both speaking and writing. After taking the learning styles quiz (required for Macroecon), I found out that my "verbal learning skills" are nil. No wonder essay questions are hard! Give me a multiple choice and an "Explain your answer." and I'm fine. Ask me to compare, contrast, and analyze?.................... You can fill in the blank.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

yep, essays are a worst nightmare. Right up there with research papers. But there's always hope, and as my roommate says, "It'll be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end!" *headpats*, Meredith