Monday, July 24, 2006

Summer... break?!

Wow! New word in my vocabulary! I get to have a summer break... a real one. No schoolwork, minimal chores, no cross-country moves, nothing! I get to do almost whatever I feel like for the next month... play with my dog, ride my bike, write, read, or whatever! I'M FREE!!!
The reason for this unexpected privilege? Starting August 21st, I'm going to be a full-time college student! I'm taking five classes at my local junior college - Macroeconomics, English composition 1, sociology, US history, and speech. And that's not even including math and music at home! Basically, I'm way behind on my schoolwork (getting strep and having surgery killed a few months right there) so I decided to knock off some college credit and my highschool subjects at the same time. This way, it's also going to be easier for me to catch up, because college classes actually count for more credit than high school classes do.
Depending on how this semester goes, I'll figure out what classes to enroll in next semester. I'm hoping to take biology, and some literature of some kind, but I'm not really sure yet. They have several classes that look like fun - creative writing, celtic literature, metalworking... etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! this is soooo cool...enjoy your vacation and im sure you'll love college. and good luck in all your classes!
hugs and headpats
kloude